Glasgow's Politicians and Equal Pay



A Glasgow reader has been in touch to ask via Facebook?

Would it help to email local MPs - I would if I thought it would help in some way?

C

Well, yes I think it would and I've already encouraged claimants to do just that by sharing a letter on the blog site that I've already sent to my own local MSP (John Mason) and my local MP (Alison Thewliss).

I have heard back from John Mason MSP met up with him recently to discuss the WPBR which is a big stumbling block to the ongoing settlement negotiations.

I've not heard back from Alison Thewliss MP, as yet, so I'll be chasing Alison up along with the two local SNP councillors and Labour councillor who have yet to respond.

The only point I would emphasise is to make your letter to MSPs and MPs specific about replacing the WPBR with new pay arrangements which are transparent, consistent and fair.

Otherwise all the politicians say is that they 'fully support' equal pay which is a load of old baloney, if you ask me, because if that were true Glasgow City Council would be in the mess it's in today.  

  


Glasgow's WPBR Pay Monster (16/02/18)



As promised here are the letters I've sent to my local MSP and MP on the need to replace Glasgow City Council's 'unfortunately for purpose' WPBR pay scheme.

So let's see what Glasgow's politicians have to say on this subject in the days head - I've already had a response from one of my local councillors which I'll post on the blog site later today.

Go to it, Glasgow!

  

Official portrait of Alison Thewliss crop 2.jpg

Dear Alison

Glasgow's WPBR

I refer to the following post from my blog site and draft motion on Glasgow's WPBR pay scheme.

As my local MP, I would be grateful to know if you accept the Court of Session's judgment that the WPBR is 'unfit for purpose' and whether you agree that the WPBR needs to be replaced with a new job evaluation scheme which commands the support and confidence of the City Council's largely female workforce?

I realise, of course, that this is a decision for Glasgow's elected councillors, but as you know there is a huge amount of public interest in the issue of equal pay and, in my view, the city's MSPs and MPs have a vital role to play in bringing this long-running dispute to a just conclusion.  

I look forward to hearing from you soon and if you would like to discuss the matter before responding, please give me a ring on my mobile - 12345 678910

Kind regards



Mark Irvine


Home address


JohnMasonMSP20110509.JPG

Dear John

Glasgow's WPBR

I refer to the following post from my blog site and draft motion on Glasgow's WPBR pay scheme.

As my local MSP, I would be grateful to know if you accept the Court of Session's judgment that the WPBR is 'unfit for purpose' and whether you agree that the WPBR needs to be replaced with a new job evaluation scheme which commands the support and confidence of the City Council's largely female workforce?

I realise, of course, that this is a decision for Glasgow's elected councillors, but as you know there is a huge amount of public interest in the issue of equal pay and, in my view, the city's MSPs and MPs have a vital role to play in bringing this long-running dispute to a just conclusion.  

I look forward to hearing from you soon and if you would like to discuss the matter before responding, please give me a ring on my mobile - 12345 678910

Kind regards



Mark Irvine

Home address

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence