S/he Who Laughs Last



A regular reader who retired long ago from North Lanarkshire Council got in touch to say that his pension payments have finally been adjusted to reflect his equal pay settlement.

But what a fight there's been to 'persuade' North Lanarkshire Council to finally do the right thing!

I guess its the same with senior officials right across Scottish local government - in many council areas they have become appallingly arrogant, elitist and out-of-touch when it comes to anything to do with equal pay.

Hi D

Great news indeed and well done for sticking so tenaciously to your guns for all this time - he/she who laughs last does indeed laugh longest!

Next time you're up in Glasgow let me know and I'll buy you a drink to celebrate your victory over the terrible bureaucrats at North Lanarkshire Council.

All the best



Mark





Hi Mark,

Juts a note to let you know I received a lump sum payment into my account from the pension fund for £6,500 - At last!

I take it that my pension will be increased accordingly on the next payment date.
It's a pity that it took so long and so many people had to get involved in the first place!

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,


D


  

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!