Glasgow - Equal Pay Update



I said in a post the other day that I had heard back from only one of Glasgow's MSPs and MPs which is true, but I have also received a rather strange email from a local councillor, Cllr Graham Campbell.

Now I've been sending information about the fight for equal pay to all Glasgow councillors, as you would expect, yet this chap asked me not to send him updates and posts from my blog - without even the courtesy of an explanation.

I've never met Graham Campbell, so maybe he was just having an off day.

But no doubt equal pay claimants in the Springburn and Robroyston area will have noted the councillor's apparent disinterest in a matter of such huge importance to local  constituents who are still fighting for equal pay.

Dear Graham

I have not received a response to my email dated 1 January 2018 in which I asked you to explain why a elected Glasgow councillor should object to receiving information about the long fight for equal pay with Glasgow City Council.

Action 4 Equality Scotland (A4ES) represents over 80% of the equal pay claimants in Glasgow (the great majority) some of whom are bound to live in the Spingburn and Robroyston area, i.e. the ward which you represent as a local councillor.

As I said in my earlier email, I would expect every Glasgow councillor to take an active interest in this long running dispute regardless of party affiliation and I cannot understand why there should be such disinterest, hostility even, from a member of the SNP.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards



Mark 

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Irvine <markirvine@compuserve.com>
To: Graham.Campbell <Graham.Campbell@glasgow.gov.uk>
Sent: Mon, Jan 1, 2018 6:46 pm
Subject: Re: Glasgow - Joke of the Year

Dear Graham

Why would I do that exactly?


The information I am sending you is about the long fight for equal pay and I would have thought that would be of interest to every elected councillor in Glasgow - regardless of party affiliation.


Kind regards



Mark


-----Original Message-----
From: Campbell, Graham (Councillor) (Councillor) <Graham.Campbell@glasgow.gov.uk>
To: Mark Irvine <markirvine@compuserve.com>
Sent: Mon, Jan 1, 2018 6:23 pm
Subject: RE: Glasgow - Joke of the Year

Dear Mr Irvine
Please remove my address from your email list.
Thanks in advance

Picture Not Available

 


Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!