Glasgow - Breaking News!

Image result for breaking news + images

I take my hat off to Councillor Matt Kerr who appears to have taken a principled stand on the Court of Session's ruling that Glasgow City Council's WPBR pay scheme is 'unfit for purpose' 

Now if other Labour councillors have the courage of their convictions and join forces with the SNP and others on Wednesday, then 17 January 2018 could be (and should be) a truly momentous day in the long fight for equal pay in Glasgow. 

Here's what Matt had to say to one of his constituents earlier via Facebook and I, for one, would be more than happy to sit down with Glasgow's councillors to explain how, from an A4ES perspective, the City Council got itself into such a terrible mess.

  

Dear P,

Please rest assured that I will not be voting to take the legal process any further.
As far as I can see, the broad legal position is now clear, and it's time to get into the details in order to settle the issue.

Questions now need to be answered however, in terms of the legal and professional advice received by this council in good faith some 12 years ago when the initial attempt at delivering equal pay was made. Helpfully, the paper on Wednesday's agenda acknowledges this, and I hope that whilst work must now go on to create a new pay and grading structure, lessons need to be learned on the process that got us to this point in the first place.

In terms of supporting my local constituents, I will assist any individual who approaches me for help of guidance on this matter, and I will do what I can to influence the discussions and negotiations which lie ahead.

Sincerely,


Cllr Matt Kerr

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!