Glasgow Equal Pay News


Here's another with something to say about her experience in Glasgow during the long fight for equal pay.

Dear Mark,

I would like to thank you once again for bringing Glasgow City Council (GCC) to account. 

I have been an employee of GCC for 17 years. The Union, namely Unison, let us all down. I saw that a reader wrote to you asking to form an independent Union, one that we can trust. I think that is a fantastic idea and would certainly sign up to join. 

I decided not to vote in the Union's recent ballot over a 1% pay rise, not as I do not think we deserve more, just I have no faith that Unison has our best interests at heart. 

I was advised by them all those years ago (2005), to accept the 'buy-out' payment GCC offered over equal pay. I had not heard of yourself and never really knew the true value of what I was signing for. 

However I see they are now taking credit for what you guys started and fought for in a recent Herald article. Makes me distrust them even further. 

To me Unison go hand in hand with the GCC's old Labour council. Here is hoping the SNP honour their promise and clean up the mess that Labour made within those chambers.

I have no idea if I am included in the 'second wave' claims as I am Support for Learning Worker, formally known as Classroom Assistant (they changed our name twice in accordance to fit their job families). 

Even if I am not, I salute you for gaining victory for the thousands of women and showing the GCC for what it really was: corrupt, discriminatory and wasting public money trying to defend the indefensible.

Kind regards



T

  



Track Records and Equal Pay (01/06/17)


More comments from readers who think the trade unions have a 'brass neck' for their spineless behaviour over the fight for equal pay in Glasgow.

As regular readers know, the GMB union is not even part of the challenge to the Council's job evaluation (JE) scheme and WPBR pay arrangements!


"Shameful behaviour from the collective unions and well done Mark again!"

L




"NLC workers know the truth on that"



M



"Well done on YOUR (not Unison's!) victory in Glasgow.

"Your constant, ongoing fight for fairness is very much appreciated

"Many Thanks"


G


More to follow - so watch this space.


  


Track Records and Equal Pay


I'll have more to say in the next few days about the role the trade unions have played in the long fight for equal pay in Glasgow - for the most part it's awful one, if you ask me.

But council workers in Glasgow are not fooled by the unions trying to jump on the equal pay bandwagon at the last minute and trying claiming credit for lead shown by Action 4 Equality Scotland (A4ES).

Here are just a few of the comments I've received today: 


You and everyone else have done an excellent job. And for the trade unions to jump on the bandwagon is typical.

J


You're way ahead in the game and putting in great work

B



Both Unison and GMB Claiming all your hard work

M


HUGE CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU for the support yourself and team have given us in the long standing fight against GCC on equal pay. Fingers crossed the outcome for the JE and WPBR will be a positive outcome to.

Below is a copy of the email being sent by GMB union to their members.They have the audacity to give themselves a huge pat on the back. These unions have no shame.

S

The trade unions should be thoroughly ashamed of their behaviour over the years which is why the vast majority of Glasgow claimants are pursuing their equal pay claims with A4ES. 


 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!