I am in the process of writing to all constituency MSPs and MPS in Glasgow asking for their comments and thoughts on the long-running fight with the City Council over equal pay.
I plan to publish the responses I receive from Glasgow's politicians on the blog site in the run-up to the local council elections on 4th May 2017.
But I am also keen for claimants in Glasgow to have their say as well, without having to go to the bother of writing long letters which may never even get a proper reply - the idea is to raise the political temperature in the city as people go to the polls.
I know that folks will have all kinds of stories to tell and comments to make which might include, for example:
- How did you first get to know about equal pay?
- What kind of help, if any, did you receive from your trade union?
- Have you raised the issue of equal pay with your local MSP or MP?
- What was your reaction to the big pay differences between male and female jobs?
- Were you 'duped' into accepting a poor offer of settlement back in December 2005?
- What do you think of Frank McAveety's refusal to explain the Labour Party's position on equal pay via the blog site?
- What do you think about the City Council's treatment of its senior officials compared to the 'foot soldiers' on the ground delivering front-line services?
As regular readers know my contact email address is: email@example.com