Glasgow and Equal Pay



I have invited the leader Glasgow City Council, Cllr Frank McAveety, to write a piece for the blog site setting out his and the Labour Party's position on equal pay ahead of the local council elections on 4th May 2017.

Here's my letter to Cllr McAveety whom I got to know during my role as an independent external adviser to Glasgow City Council's Public Standards Commission back in 1998.

So let's see what the Labour leader has to say for himself and to the thousands of readers in Glasgow who read my blog site every week.
  

Dear Cllr McAveety

Glasgow and Equal Pay

As you may know, I write a blog on a regular basis which covers a wide range of topical issues but has a particular focus on the fight for equal pay in Scotland's local councils.

I would like to invite you to write a 600 word piece for the blog site addressing the long-running dispute with Glasgow City Council over the pay arrangements which flowed from the Workforce Pay and Benefits Review (WPBR) introduced in 2007.

I am extending this invitation to you as the Labour leader of Glasgow City Council and I plan to extend the same invitation to the SNP Opposition Group leader, Cllr Susan Aitken.

I am sure your views on Glasgow City Council's handling of equal pay over the past 12 years will be of great interest to the thousands of readers who visit my blog site on a daily basis.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards



Mark Irvine 

   

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!