Bananarama



Here's a bunch of five bananas I bought in my local supermarket in Glasgow the other day, one or two of which were especially 'curvy'.

So I think I'll send a copy of this post to Boris Johnson courtesy of his Westminster email address and ask the leader of the 'Leave' campaign if he is now prepared to eat his words.



Boris Goes Bananas

Image result for bananas + bunches

I'm off to my local supermarket later today to test Boris Johnson's latest intervention in the great EU debate to destruction.

As regular readers know, I've been saying for some time that Bojo's lost his mojo, but it appears even worse than that because his thoughts on bananas suggest that the former London Mayor really lost his marbles.

Speaking in support of his view as to why Britain should leave the EU, Boris said:

"If we take back control on 23 June, we can also get rid of so much of the pointless rules and regulations that are holding back this country.

"This gentleman here mentions bananas. It is absurd that we are told you cannot sell bananas of bunches of more than two or three bananas.

"You cannot sell bananas with abnormal curvature of the fingers. Why should they tell us?"


Now I've bought bananas in all kinds of places - Morrisons, Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Marks & Spencer, local markets - and I've done so both at home and abroad (in Europe) without the slightest problem.

I've never been restricted to just two or three bananas or had extra curvy ones snatched form my hands at the till.

But it's great PR for the Remain side while making Bojo look like a complete laughing stock - Boris may be good for a laugh, but his hopes of ever becoming Prime Minister are receding by the day.   

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!