North Lanarkshire Update



Lots of readers have been in touch since the New Year asking if I have any news about the review of certain council jobs that was agreed as part of the equal pay settlement with North Lanarkshire Council in 2015.

Well I haven't heard a thing, I have to say, although I have been saying for months that the workforce should have been kept up to date via regular reports from senior Council management and the trade unions who are 'leading' on this particular issue.

Especially as the outcome is potentially very significant for the large number of council workers who have been fighting for equal pay for so many years, Home Carers for example.

Not to mention the fact that the whole process was supposed to be completed before the end of December 2015 - and yet here we are in 2016 and no one's the wiser!

So if I were a Home Carer and/or a trade union member in North Lanarkshire Council - I'd be asking my local manager and/or trade union rep for some long overdue feedback. 

As ever, I'm happy to share the news of any developments on the blog site. 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!