North Lanarkshire Update



A regular reader from North Lanarkshire has been in touch to say that she has been exchanging emails with the GMB general secretary, Paul Kenny.

Apparently, 'Sir' Paul expressed surprise at the absence of senior GMB Scotland officials from the recent roadshow meetings in North Lanarkshire saying:

"I am surprised to learn from what you say that nobody from GMB Scotland was in attendance at the Roadshow."


Now I faced many a difficult meeting with union members during my career as a full-time official with both NUPE and Unison, but never once did I duck out of a tough encounter or fail to answer members' questions openly and honestly, even if people did not always agree with what I had to say.

So I agree with Paul Kenny, although I would go further and say that the behaviour of GMB Scotland has been a terrible embarrassment and nothing short of a disgrace from the standpoint of ordinary union members, who deserve much better.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!