Overbearing Teachers



When I was a member of the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) I was driven half-mad by teacher members who lost no opportunity to tell me about the terrible problems at their schools.

Except that these problems, school discipline for example, were never reported officially in any way on the basis, as my teacher colleagues explained, that this would give their schools a bad name, one from which they would never recover.

So everyone moaned and groaned with anecdotal claims and stories which made their classrooms sound like war zones rather than places of learning.  

All of which reminded me of this clip from the classic film 'Kes' starring David Bradley as Billy Casper and Brian Glover as an overbearing teacher.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence