Oh, What a Night



I made the mistake of staying up all night last night to watch the election results come in, but what a spectacular 24 hours it's been with the Conservatives posed to win am overall majority in the House of Commons and Labour now reduced to just one MP in Scotland.

I think I'm right in saying there are now more pandas in Edinburgh Zoo than Labour MPs north of the border.

I'm sure we'll now hear lots of voices raised in support of fairer votes for Westminster although only the SNP has real credibility on this issue having opposed on principle the 'winner takes all' voting system that delivered such decisive, yet very different, electoral results in Scotland and England.

I am going to re-publish some of my favourite posts from the past few days while the enormity of what's happened starts to sink in.   

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence