My Choice

Image result for my life, my choice + images
















I received the following email from the campaign group My Life, My Death My Choice which reports that MPS will hold a first vote on the Assisted Suicide (Scotland) Bill on Wednesday 27 May 2015.

Now I feel very strongly about this issue as I don't believe the religious objections of some people should prevent me from seeking help to bring my life to an end if the very act of living any longer were to become completely intolerable. 

So I will be writing to my MSP and this is exactly the kind of issue which would lend itself to a referendum because a big majority of the public support such a change in the law.

Dear Friends, 

Thank you for signing the petition supporting the Assisted Suicide (Scotland) Bill.  MSPs will hold their first vote on the Bill in the Scottish Parliament on Wednesday 27 May.  It is critical that the Bill passes this stage to allowed continued debate and discussion of detailed amendments. 

I am writing to ask you to contact your local MSPs and urge them to vote in favour of the Bill, telling them the reasons why you feel it is important they do.  You can find out who your local MSPs are and how to contact them by clicking here and filling in your postcode where indicated.

It is best to use your own words as it is more persuasive for MSPs and likely to be more likely to convince them to vote in favour of the Bill.  However, some points to consider when contacting them include:
  • The Bill is limited to those with terminal or life-shortening conditions and whose mental capacity is not diminished.
  • The action which ends a life can only be taken by the individual concerned.
  • 75% of Scots voters believe it is important the Bill becomes law.
  • There are strong safeguards in place to protect vulnerable groups.
  • An Independent study in the Journal of Medical Ethics of similar legislation in the Netherlands and Oregon clearly concluded vulnerable not put at risk.
  • Doctors would not be forced to take part.
  • A group of 21 legal experts have indicated the current law in Scotland is unclear.
You can also use this form to contact your MSPs but we ask that you change the text in the box and replace it with your own words.  Remember, nothing influences an MSP's voting intentions more than their constituents' views.

Thank you again for all your support.  With your help we can convince MSPs to pass the Bill and give those with terminal or life shortening conditions who are enduring terrible suffering, the choice to end their lives peacefully, at a time, place and in a manner of their choosing.

If you need any more help then please get in touch. 

Thanks,

My Life, My Death, My Choice

contact@lifedeathchoice.org.uk

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence