Talking Nonsense

Chris Bryant

Labour's Chris Bryant has a reputation for getting his mouth in gear before his brain has been fully engaged which was my immediate thought when I read his comments about the present Coalition Government "utterly failing" library users.

Apparently the number of library users has fallen by 40 million in recent years - down from 322 visits in 2009-10 to 282 million visits in 2103-14. 

Now I haven't visited a library myself in years apart from an incident in Canada four or five years ago when I was stuck in Vancouver because of an irksome ash cloud from some unpronounceable Icelandic volcano.

And my visit was prompted simply as a means of getting access to the internet.

The last time I visited a library in Scotland was the grand Mitchell Library in Glasgow, several years ago, to do some research on my family history, but I haven't been back since because it is much more convenient to do this from home via the web.   

So if you ask me, Labour's culture spokesperson is talking nonsense and is trying to make a ridiculous party political point where none exists.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence