Two Jags v One Jag


Not everyone will be aware that one of the nicknames given to Labour's John Prescott is 'Two Jags' Prescott because of his fondness for this particular model of motorcar.

I came across these amusing letters from The Times which respond to the news that Lord Prescott is downsizing from Two Jags to One Jag, apparently, but that doesn't have quite the same cachet if you ask me.

So I think the media will have to come up with another, more suitable, nom de plume.


John Prescott is selling one of his Jaguars to reduce air pollution – sounds good but is it quite logical?

Sir, I read that John Prescott is selling one of his Jags to reduce air pollution (June 4). Surely he should be buying as many Jags as possible, as he can only drive one at a time. As the owner of four old V8-powered cars, I believe I am doing the right thing for the environment by preventing others from driving them.
Peter Lloyd
Hatfield Peverel, Essex
Sir, So John Prescott is selling one of his two Jags to help reduce air pollution and now they can both be out on the roads at the same time.
Good thinking, that. Perhaps I can save time by selling one of my two watches.
Nick Campling
Peterborough, Cambs

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence