Rappers and Rape



I've never heard of this American singer before, but Mr Green strikes me as one of those 'artists' who likes to talk about his 'bitches n' hoes' so it's perhaps no surprise that he holds such ill-informed, misogynistic views about consent and rape.

Now I don't know about the law in America, but in the UK the legal position is clear - a person cannot give consent to sex if she is 'unconscious' or been deliberately drugged  and anyone using such a ridiculous defence in a court of law would be given short shrift, for obvious reasons.

No wonder he's no running scared according th this recentreport from The Indepdendent.   

Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious

The singer shares a series of controversial tweets attempting to define rape



By ELLA ALEXANDER - The Independent

CeeLo Green has deleted his Twitter account after sharing his controversial rules on rape.

The singer – who recently pleaded no contest to charges that he gave a woman ecstasy without her consent in 2012 – appeared to be saying that it is only rape if the woman is conscious.

“If someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously,” he said, adding, “People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!”

“When someone brakes on a home there is broken glass where is your plausible proof that anyone was raped,” he continued.

The woman had claimed that she had woken up next to Green not knowing what had happened, but due to insufficient evidence no rape charges were filed. Green’s lawyer said they had “consensual relations”.

He was sentenced to three years’ probation and 45 days community service.

“So if I tried but did not succeed but the person said I did then what really happened?” he added.

He then deleted all of the tweets, before posting an apology.

“Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom!” he wrote. “Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context.”

“I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me as it..”

“…was your support that got me thru this to begin with. I’d never condone the harm of any women. Thank you.”

A spokesperson for Green could not be reached.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!