Two-Legged Boxer



I used to have a Boxer dog when I was young, or to be more precise 'we' used to have a Boxer dog when I was young - my four brothers, my parents and me.

We called the dog Shane, for some reason, perhaps after the eponymous western film of the same name (starring Alan Ladd and Jack Palance) even though Shane was a bitch, a female dog.

And Shane like all puppies was extremely cute and a great deal of fun, until we (i.e. the boys) and the dog grew up somewhat by which time no one could be bothered to train Shane properly, clear up after her or take her for long walks.

Shane used to run away a lot, if she escaped from the house or the back garden which was a great shame because she presumably just needed more time and companionship - like all dogs.

I thought of Shane when I saw this clip on the internet of a two-legged Boxer called Duncan Lou which was born with two badly deformed rear legs which, sadly, had to be amputated.

Yet the loss of its rear legs doesn't seem to have held Duncan Lou back from just being a dog and enjoying life to the full - which is really quite amazing.     

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence