Taste of Mexico


I bought some avocados last week which were not quite ready for use - so I put them in a cupboard for a few days, out of any direct sunlight, to help them ripen. 

When they were suitably soft, I decided to make some Guacamole -  not least because I've had a few emails from readers to say that I haven't posted any of my favourite recipes of late.

So here is my version of Guacamole - a spicy and fruity dip which is a real taste of Mexico.

Ingredients (serves four) 

4 ripe avocados
2 ripe tomatoes or a big handful of cherry tomatoes
1 red onion or a couple of shallots
1 fresh lime - 2 if needed
1 clove of garlic
1 small piece of fresh ginger
1 big handful of fresh coriander
Some fresh and/or dried chilli to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

Peel and stone the avocados and put the flesh in a large bowl
Chop and add the onion
Chop and add the tomatoes
Chop and add the garlic and ginger
Chop and add the coriander
Add the zest and juice of the lime 

Add the chilli and salt and pepper
Blitz everything in the bowl with a hand blender - or just mash the ingredients if you prefer a rougher texture


Adjust the seasonings as necessary and leave the flavours to mingle together for at least half and hour - before serving with some flatbread or tortilla chips.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!