King Ralph


I have deliberately avoided the TV and newspapers for the past 24 hours - in the hope of escaping the dreadful wall-to-wall news coverage about the Royal baby - Prince Wotsisname.

But as the weekend approaches, I realise that I am fighting a losing battle - just like that old episode of The Likely Lads in which the character played by James Bolam goes out of his way to avoid hearing an important football score - though ultimately to no avail.

So let me throw my tuppence worth before reality comes crashing in - I think the new Royal sprog should be called Ralph - or Prince Ralph to give him his full title

Because one day he will become King Ralph and that will inevitably lead to a remake of the 1991 film 'King Ralph' - starring the American actor John Goodman.

Not a great film as I recall, so it could do with a completely new cast - and better production values. 

John Goodman has been in some good movies by the way - but none better than the deranged character he played in the famous Coen brothers film 'The Big Lebowski' - starring Jeff Bridges as the Dude. 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence