Ich Bin Ein Milibander


I enjoyed the comment piece on Iraq written by David Aaronovitch for The Times - which I posted on the blog site the other day.

The paragraph that stood out for me was the one referring to the Labour leader - Ed Miliband - which said this:

"I continually meet people who have never heard the argument in favour of removing Saddam. Labour supporters of the invasion have all disappeared — the old have had enough and the young maintain the new Ed line (“I was abroad at the time, I didn’t say anything, but I was agin it”)."

In turn, this reminded me of the following spoof speech from Private Eye which - in my view - shows Ed Miliband in his true colours - as someone who is quite prepared turn reality on its head and re-write history - just as soon as the going gets tough.

Whether on Iraq or Labour's handling of the economy - Ed is desperate to distance himself from the 'sins' of Labour's past - even though his political fingerprints are all over the place. 

Ich Bin Ein Milibander (10 April 2011)
The latest edition of Private Eye contains the following spoof of Ed Miliband's speech at Hyde Park - to the 'anti-cuts' protesters led by the TUC.

That Miliband Hyde Park Speech - What You Missed.

"My fellow Americans, I have a dream, a dream of a country where women get the vote and black people can sit on buses without fear of being arrested, yes, this is the Britain we are marching towards, a Britain where slavery has been abolished and every Tolpuddle Martyr has been freed.

Today I stand before you, a simple Labour leader, to join your protest against some of the cuts, though obviously not all of them because let's face it if we'd been elected we would have to have made some too... (boos from audience).

No let me finish if it hadn't been for the previous Labour government we wouldn't be here today, hang on ...(more boos from audience) let me finish by saluting you all and assuring you in the words of Martin Luther Kennedy, "Ich Bin Ein Milibander".

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence