World War Z


In August last year Holywood came to Glasgow - as the area around George Square was used as the backdrop for a new blockbuster film - World War Z - starring the 'A' list movie actor Brad Pitt.

I am reliably informed that World War Z is due for release in the summer of 2013.

So from beginning to end that's about two years - as long as it takes and elephant to gestate - although as far as I know there's no direct connection between the two events.

Anyway here's the official trailer of the movie which comes from the following You Tube link  -http://youtu.be/HcwTxRuq-uk

The fair streets of Glasgow and George Square have been blended in to resemble a city in America - Philadelphia if I remeber correctly - using computer generated imagery.

I have to say I haven't worked out yet what the mad 'army ant' mass of people is all about - crazed zombies I presume.

But I haven't seen a scramble like that since they used to call closing time in Glasgow pubs - at 10pm on a Saturday night. 


Zombies and Equal Pay (15 August 2011)

I have to travel through to Edinburgh later today - and plan to catch a train at Queen Street Station.

My normal route would be to walk through George Square - where apparently a big Holywood movie is being filmed over the next couple of weeks - World War Z.

The star of the movie is Brad Pitt and the supporting cast features - lots of zombies - for reasons I can't explain at this stage.

The internet is full of jokes about how anyone will notice any difference from a normal day - around Glasgow City Chambers?

Unkind rumours have also been doing the rounds - suggesting that the film's producers have done a deal and recruited Glasgow's councillors en masse - to act as extras.

But unless Pat Lally is still a councillor they've missed their chance - since he's about the only one who could possibly pass for a zombie - without the need for lots of make-up.

If I bump into Brad Pitt en route to the station - I'll definitely ask him to say a few words for the blog site.

I'm sure he'll be a big supporter of equal pay - for zombies, low paid council workers or anyone else.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!