Stormy Weather

I know it's not logical to rail against the elements - after all what good does it do? - but nonetheless I am taking a complete 'scunner' to the Scottish weather.

Maybe I'm exaggerating - but it seems to have been raining and blowing a gale for weeks.

Now if this is all down to global warming then we only have ourselves to blame - though that's scant consolation when you venture outside - only to see your umbrella turn inside out and get blown halfway down the street.

By the time you retrieve the damned thing you look like a drowned rat - and feel like turning around and heading back home.

Last winter it was snow, ice freezing temperatures - so far this year it's been monsoon like rain and hurricane winds.

I wonder what's in store next?

But in the meantime console yourself with the lovely words and You Tube link to - Stormy Weather - sung in this case by my personal favourite - Ella Fitzgerald.

http://youtu.be/ezGHapF8-lY

Stormy Weather

Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather since my man and I ain't together
Keeps raining all the time, the time

Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere
Stormy weather, just can't get my poor self together
It's raining all the time, the time

When you went, you went away, the blues walked in and met me
If he stays away, ol' rocking chair will get me
All I do is pray, the Lord above will let me walk in the sun once more

Can't go on, everything I had is gone
Stormy weather since my man and I ain't together
It's raining all the time

I walk around, heavy-hearted and sad
Night comes around and I'm still feeling bad
Rain's pouring down, blinding every hope I had

This pitterin pattering, beating and spattering drives Me Mad
Love, Love, Love, this misery's just too much for me

Can't go on, everything I have is gone
Stormy weather since my man and I ain't together
It's raining all the time, keeps raining all the time

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence