Farewell to the King

I am not a geek when it comes to new technology.

I love the way things work - like the Internet - and the way they can expand our horizons - or just make life easier.

But I couldn't invent something to save my life - or even take it apart and put it together again to save my life.

Which makes me full of admiration for people who can do these things - especially without swearing and throwing the gadget against a hard surface.

So farewell then to Steve Jobs - a man who I've never met - but who has touched so many people's lives around the world - and put a smile on their faces.

Not many folks can say that - before they shut down one last time.

I don't own a iMac (yet) or an iPod - though I do have an iPhone and may invest in an iPad soon - and all are remarkable, revolutionary inventions in their own right.

Things of real beauty - yet hugely practical at the same time.

Steve Jobs went to Pixar for a while - before returning to even greater succes at Apple - and had a key role in the making of one of my favourite films - Toy Story.

So I take my hat off to Steve Jobs - he left a few footprints in the sand - and embodied the very best of American enterprise and business know-how.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence