Red Letter Day

Today is a 'red letter' day for the blog site.

The reason being that today I have just published post number 2,000 - which is no mean feat though I say so myself - given all the competing demands on my time.

When I started out I had no idea where all this would lead.

I still don't in the sense that the blog site is no longer just about equal pay.

Regular readers will have noticed - long ago - that I write about a wide range of issues these days.

But while the focus of the blog site has changed and expanded - standing up for the little 'guy' remains its true purpose - against the hypocrites and bullies who wield undue influence over many aspects of public life.

How long it will all last I can't say with any certainty - but for so long as I think I can make a difference - I will keep the blog site going.

Occasionally people ask me why I don't have a comments section - for people to add their own views.

The answer is simple - I don't have the time or resources required to monitor and - if necessary - moderate readers' comments which is a big job in itself.

However I'm awlays delighted to hear from readers - and I'm happy to post people's comments on the site - if anyone wants to contact by e-mail at: markirvine@compuserve.com

And if you want to remain anonymous - for obvious reasons - just say so and all your personal details will be withheld.

So for the moment I'm going to allow myself a small celebration.

2,000 posts and counting seems as good a reason as any - and that's a lot of words you know.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence