Free Union Advice

I find myself in a strange position today - I've been contacted by a trade union branch secretary down in England - for some advice and information about equal pay.

Now the chap's name and details will remain private - to prevent any repercussions from his less enlightened union colleagues.

But it gives me something of a dilemma - because I don't know him or anything about him - and why should I help the trade union anyway - given the way they've behaved over the years?

Yet on reflection this union branch secretary is clearly trying to do the right thing by his members - unlike many other trade unions reps I know - who lined up with the employers a long time ago.

So I will help him and provide the information he's looking for - even though there's nothing in it for me or for Action 4 Equality Scotland.

I only hope it does some good for low paid council workers in another part of the country - whether they are union members or not - makes no difference to me.

So good luck mystery union man - and if there's anything else I can do to help, just let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!