Glasgow and Cordia

A number of readers from Glasgow have been in touch to ask what they can do about Cordia - see post dated 20 January 2011.

A lot of people are involved - Cordia employs over 10,000 workers and admits that the changes to terms and conditions affect around 20% of the workforce.

So around 2,000 low paid workers have seen their pay and conditions cut - with barely a murmur from the trade unions.

The picture is still not clear - the unions may not be making much of a noise - but have they actually endorsed the changes?

Time will tell.

In the meantime, the workers affected should tell Cordia - preferably by letter of e-mail - that they don't accept the changes to their pay and conditions.

Because they have been introduced unilaterally - and without agreement.

Something along the following lines should suffice:

"Dear Cordia

I would like to confirm that I do not accept the changes to my pay and conditions because these changes have been introduced unilaterally - without my agreement - and as far as I know without the agreement of the recognised trade unions.

I reserve my right to challenge these changes - if necessary by taking legal action to protect my interests.

Yours sincerely

An Employee"

It is likely that Cordia's actions affect low paid women workers disproportionately - in which case there may be a complaint of sex discrmination as well.

If you do write to Cordia - keep a copy of your letter or e-mail - and any response you receive.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence