Don't Make Me Laugh

According to newspaper reports today - the Royal Mail paid out £800,000 in compensation to more than 30,000 Scots in 2010 - for failing to deliver the post properly.

Yesterday Royal Mail apologised after it emerged that customers in Scotland made 84,169 complaints - over lost, mis-delivered and damaged mail - between January 2009 and January 2010.

In more than half the complaints (42,731) - the Royal Mail ended up paying compensation to more than 30,000 individual people.


Now I was one of those 30,000 people - and let me tell you, from my own personal experience - the Royal Mail complaints service absolutely stinks.

I asked what happened to the gifts I had bought and chosen so carefully - before wrapping them up and sending them abroad - as a special birthday present for my daughter.

What explanation did I get?

None - the Royal Mail was not remotely interested - and told me that they didn't even bother to investigate or report back on individual complaints.

Sure I got my money back - eventually, months later - but everything else involved was completely ruined: the planning, the shopping, the excitement and the anticipation of a parcel finally arriving in some far off land.

But according to the Royal Mail - the parcel post never made it out of Glasgow.

The Royal Mail - an efficient, modern, customer focused public service?

Don't make me laugh.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence