Union Blues?

Here's an e-mail from a frustrated reader in North Lanarkshire - who's fed up at the lack of feedback and information from her trade union, Unison.

My normal advice to people in this situation would be: "Don't give up - make the union do its job properly".

But if you're at the end of your tether - then why not consider transferring your case to Action 4 Equality Scotland.

For further information about how to do this - contact Mark Irvine at: markirvine@compuserve.com


"Hi Mark

I have been reading your website with great interest over the past few weeks and have been glad to see that your organisation has successfully won equal pay cases for home carers up and down the country.

I have an equal pay claim currently lodged with Unisons' solicitors Thompsons and I am frustrated at the lack of information from Unison.

I have accessed their website but there is nothing current re our equal pay fight and was advised by two different members of staff at Unison that they did not have any info on my equal pay claim and advised me to contact their lawyers for the latest information, which I found quite astonishing.


The only information I have been receiving has been obtained from your website and I wondered if you have any information you could pass on to me.

I do obviously appreciate that my case has not been taken up by you but by Unison but my frustration at a lack of information from them has led to me contacting you.

Yours sincerely

D"

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!